The Security Manager (SM) defines the following security methods:
- Pairing: A process to establish a secure connection using authentication and key distribution
- Authentication: A process to verify the identity of a device
- Key distribution: A process of exchanging security keys contained in 128-bit data packets for pairing two devices
- Bonding: A process of storing keys and authentication data in memory, so two devices can reconnect without the pairing process
- Whitelist: An exclusive set of GAP Central devices that a GAP Peripheral can pair with, maintained in the LL hardware of the GAP
Peripheral to enable low-power, secure and fast connections.
The BLE Component enables easy SM configuration in its GUI-based tool, without writing any firmware